Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New Umbrellas

Since school started in February, Josue and Any have to walk to kinder.  An adult always goes with them and goes after them.  Right now it is the hot, dry season.  Did I mention HOT?  It won't be long until it is raining every day.

One day it rained and I walked them home.  I had my umbrella.  I got soaked keeping them dry.

Yesterday when I was in town, I saw two cute little umbrellas.  I decided to buy one for Any and one for Josue.  After the other kids left for school, I took the umbrellas up to them.  I didn't see Josue and gave his to Karen.  I went over to Any's house and told her it was for when she walked to kinder and not to play with.  As I was telling her what it was for, the door opened and in raced this great big blur.  It was Josue running as fast as he could.  He threw his arms around me and said, "gracias, Terri.  Gracias." 

Then Nicole walked in and Any began telling Nicole about her umbrella.  About five minutes later, she looked over at me and said, "gracias."  Then she went back to what she had been doing. 

At 1:15, someone called and said he was at the gate and needed to see me.  I started up and I saw Mirian and the kids leaving for kinder. Both of them had their new umbrellas.  I went back to the house and got my camera and left John waiting at the gate.  He didn't have to wait long.  I got one cute picture.

Josue was holding his way above his head.  If he continued to carry it that way, I am sure his little arms got tired.  Any wanted to carry hers with her face completely covered.  I convinced her to raise it just a little for the picture.  There wasn't any convincing him of  lowering his, not even just a little.

Aren't the cute?  And, off they went to kinder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Terri,
I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. I like your little stories and your writing style! Your posts made me chuckle at least couple of times each:) Its really nice. If you are interested I think I could help to get you some new readers?
I am searching for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers - glipho.com
Please check us out and drop me a line at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.
Best!
Hubert