Thursday, May 28, 2009

Earthquake

This morning at 2:25 a.m., an earthquake hit the northern part of Honduras. It measured 7.1 on the Richter scale. That's a big one. It was felt here by most people. Not me. I slept right through the whole thing.

I was quite annoyed when I woke up to found we had no power again. Having no power has become an every day thing. I was going about my business the best I could without lights, when one of the children came down a little before 7:00. I was still in my robe. He asked if I was ok. I thought to myself, "while I am normally dressed long before 7:00, just because I am not, doesn't mean I am not ok. I finally had to call Karen to find out what he was talking about. It was then I learned of the earthquake.

The employees teased me about sleeping through it.

Our power has not been on long. I know very few details right now. You probably know more than I do. Aftershocks are expected. I am sure there is a lot of devastation and destruction as so many houses are unstable anyway.

Marc and I, the group from Middle Tennessee State, the employees, staff and children at Casa de Esperanza are all fine. Praise God. Please lift up prayers for this country.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all okay. Also excited about the hot lunch at the Dump yesterday. Wish I could have been there.

jlee

Anonymous said...

You must have been very tired or a very hard sleeper one to have not been awaken. We experienced a smaller one in California while on vacation one time and I am usually dead head but I was up and out of the bed right away. Happy all of you are safe. linda

TREY MORGAN said...

Terri,

Glad you're okay. Sent a check this morning to TORCH for the Dump Fund for another $335.00.

YEA!

Trey

PS - Do you know where that puts us? treymorgan@msn.com