Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Thought I Outgrew That

When my children were born, and then started school, I threw myself into everything they did. I was passionate about it. Being room mom, driving to gymnastic meets and dance lessons. Getting them to their appointments. I juggled a huge schedule and loved every minute of it.

When Ryan got his driver's license, my load lightened some, but there was still plenty to do. By the time Nicole got her license, there was not near as much. When she left for college, I realized there would be no more Friday night football games or Monday afternoon cross country meets. No more running all over town to buy project supplies and costumes and formals. No more fundraising. Yeah for no more fundraising. I thought I outgrew all that. I was a bit sad to see that era come to an end. I thought I would miss it, but I didn't.

Five years later, I find myself sitting in meetings at a school, having parent-teacher conferences, running all over town to buy lace and pink thread, helping Karen scramble to come up with all the pieces to a costume, attending programs, getting kids to appointments, driving to the bus stop. And even participating in fundraising. Doesn't God have a great sense of humor.

Guess what? I am still loving every minute of it.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God certainly does have a sense of humor!!!! My mirror proves that every morning! :) And amazingly He can accomplish His purposes AND wonderfully bless us all at the same time!! Glad you're still getting to grow!!!! love you, Janet :)

Donna said...

Yes, isn't it amazing, when we look back at how God has weaved the threads of our lives, that His vision for us has always involved our hearts stretching and growing! Looks like you are getting a good "cardiac work-out" as you see the Lord's goodness in your busy life!! Donna