Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh Me Of Little Faith

I was so excited when Trey mentioned doing a fund raiser on his blog. We emailed back and forth with questions for each other. I copied every picture I had of the dump onto a disc and had Marc mail it when he got to the States last week. I have prayed about this and I know Trey prayed about it.

Trey's blog has a lot larger readership than mine. I knew a lot of people would hear about the dump and be aware of this deplorable situation in which we are trying to make a difference. I knew God would hear and answer our prayers. But I thought we would see some where between $2000.00 and $2500.00 come in.

I stand completely amazed in the presence of our awesome God.

Tuesday is my day off. And it is a good thing it is. I have not done anything all day but follow Trey's blog. I have rejoiced. I have screamed with joy at different times as I read the comments. I have wept. I was touched by the third graders that gave $8.00 Was that their lunch money. What an awesome teacher. And awesome parents that have taught their children to be unselfish. I have been touched by the $500.00 gifts and the $2.00 ones, knowing each gift, large and small has been a huge sacrifice.

I was away from the computer for quite a while this evening. I left at 70 comments and returned at 84. The second challenge blew me away. Right this minute, $10,000.00 is attainable. That is four to five times more than I thought. Oh me of little faith. God is so good...all the time.

As Marc commented on Trey's blog, we can certainly change the menu some. I have said to a couple of people that I would like to put a slice of cheese on those bologna sandwiches, at least once in a while. That has certainly been made possible today.

At a time like this, thank you seems inadequate, but it is all I have to say. A great big thank you to everyone. And let us not forget that God's name should be praised for this. Thanks Trey for organizing this and spending your entire day doing raising money for those starving people in the Teguicalpa city dump.

Terri

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty awesome indeed! God is good! :) Sharon Mc

TREY MORGAN said...

Just wanted you to be the first to know that we've officially hit $11,000 this morning. God is good! :)

Thank you for what you do.

TREY MORGAN said...

PS - Oh, me of little faith too.

Peter P said...

I love that title!

It's hard to have faith when God doesn't tell you what to have faith for.

You had faith that God would bring in $2000-2500 and he did.

If you had been having faith for $1 Million, you would have been disappointed.

Sometimes God just says "Just watch and see what I do". The faith we need to have is that God will do what is right.

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jl

Jenschke Family said...

Dear Terri,

Evey year I try to find at least one service project for my students. It usually comes easily in a small West Texas town. Mother nature, family challenges and of course Trey has offered us many opportunities.

The story of the Honduras dump people is one that has tugged at my heart for so long. When Trey announced his fund raiser, I knew there was the project God intended for my students.

I teach the typical "priveledged" American children. Most have Play Stations, Wiis, televisions, etc.... But, when given the chance they are more than willing to help out. I was so proud of them when they said they would donate. I did not send notes home about the fund raiser. I told them they had to be responsible enough and have the desire to give to remember to bring money. So many were sad they had forgotten to bring their money. I saw them put in the dollar they were going to use for new pencils or snacks after school. Only one student brought money his grandmother had given him, the rest of the money came straight from the students.

Thank you for your ministry....you are truly God's servant.

Bless you and your family,

Kim Jenschke

p.s. I lived in Borger for a few years when I was in K and 1st grade, probably 1970 or so. Is your family from there? I would like to tell my parents about you and see if they know you. (Melvin & Bobbie Fryar)

Anonymous said...

I was a missionary in Campamento, Honduras for 4 1/2 years. I personally experienced seeing this first hand. If you have never been to a 3rd world country it is something I strongly suggest to everyone. Once visiting a country and seeing things like the Dump people it makes you realize just how abundantly blessed we are and what a small donation can do for those in other countries. God Bless and keep you always.
Mariette Flores,
Rogers, AR