Monday, May 11, 2009

A Mother's Love

I think everyone that is a mother has made some kind of sacrifice for her child. Large or small we all have done it. It comes with the territory of being a mom.

Marc met a young lady today. When it started to rain, she teared up. Even though we have had some rain, it is still dry here and most of us rejoice when just a little rain falls. I can easily rejoice. I live in a house with a roof over my head. Except for a couple of leaks, all is well. When asked what was wrong this young lady said, when it rains everything in my family's house gets wet.

Marc found out nine people live in a house in which everything and everyone gets soaked when it rains.

This young lady went on to tell how much she loved her mother. The story she told is that one day there was six people in the house needing to eat. In the house, was one egg and two tortillas. The mother said mix it all up together and serve it in five equal portions. I am not really hungry.

I am sure she was really hungry. Probably hungrier than we will ever know. But so the children could have just a little bit more, she did without.

Next week we have another group coming and this family will have a new house before that group leaves. And some food, too.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

God has a plan! So happy to hear that God will help them through torch.