Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Step Closer



The IHNFA rules state that we can not take children in any house unless there is some kind of partition around the kitchen, with a gate or a door.  I know from personal experience when you turn your head for just a second, how quickly a small child can reach up and touch a hot burner.  I am sure Nathan remembers, too.

That was one thing we were lacking in the new cottage.  A couple of weeks ago we had Armando, the man that builds the bunk beds and other furniture for us, come and measure the area we needed partitioned.  He gave us quote.  He is nearly always a little high, for Honduras at least, but we are always so pleased with his work that we feel like it is worth the little extra.

The unit came today.  And it was well worth every cent we paid for it.  It is a beautiful, durable piece of furniture.  

I was not home, when it came.  Karen called and, with excitement in her voice, told me how beautiful it was.  I could not wait to see it.  When I got home, I went running in to see it.  It is ever bit as beautiful as Karen described.

Siomara was just as eager to show me as anyone else.  The new cottage is her home.  She was beaming with pride as we walked in together to see this masterpiece.  It has the counter top which provides the much needed work space and serving space.  The side inside the kitchen has shelves for storage.  It is tall enough to keep the children out of the kitchen.  

With the kitchen partitioned, we are one step closer to having more children.  And my pictures do not do it justice.

Terri


4 comments:

Ginger said...

wow this is very beautiful! talk about craftsmanship.

Donna said...

I can hear your excitment from here! I can just see you running down to see the new addition to the kitchen with our ever trusty camera in hand! The cabinet is a beautiful piece of furniture!
You must be SO proud of the new children's home! A home built with a deep and abiding love for children. Your dreams of adding more children to your care are coming true right before your eyes!
"Let the little children come....to me."

RobinLynn said...

Excellent craftsmanship - so happy it all seems to fall into place. God is mighty.

RobinLynn said...

Hey Terri - I 'lost' you for awhile but am happy to have found you again. Have loved 'catching up'.
Blessings to you and yours.