Friday, May 22, 2009

Rain

Yesterday, as I started up the mountain after getting Rosy, it started raining about half way. By the time I reached Santa Ana, it was clear it had rained hard and long. Before I headed off for the next task on my list, I ran down to the house. As I did, I checked the rain gauge. Two inches and still raining.

I almost could swim to the bathroom instead of walk. The mess I saw did nothing to ease my already existing headache. We had about seven new leaks. I put a pan under each leak and it took all my pans and a couple of bowls as well.

As frustrating as all this was, my bed was dry. My clothes were dry, except the ones I was wearing. My food was dry. I had many things for which to be thankful. There were many, many people who have no roof or have dirt floors or houses full of holes. There was not a chance that they or their belongings were dry.

It is just the beginning of the rainy season and we need the rain. Please pray for all those people who have no dry place to be and pray that we can help as many as possible.

Terri

P.S. It actually ended up raining four inches yesterday.

No comments: