Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Down And Out

One of the few reasons I stay away from my blog for very long is when my internet is down. As far as I know, my internet has not been down. But I have been.

Friday afternoon I started not feeling so good. Friday evening, I went to bed early, an almost unheard of event for me. By about 12:30 Saturday morning, an all out war had infested itself in my body. I have very little recollection of Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday. I really hated not getting to be with the group the last couple of days they were here.

I do not remember the last time I have been that sick. I could think of a couple that, perhaps, came close. But since I was living this one at the moment, I am sure it was, by far, the worst. Nothing I took seem to ease anything.

This is not the diet plan I would have chosen for myself.

Yesterday, Marc took me to the ER. At Vierra, not Hospital Escuela. I might have been turning the corner toward recovery, but I was not wanting to take any chances. I knew they were going to do blood work. On the way to the hospital, I thought about how bad that needle was going to hurt going into my dehyrdrated veins. It hurt more than I could have ever imagined.

We spent six hours in the ER. I was given two liters of fluid, antibiotics, anti-nausea, and pain medications. At least, I had a nice nap. When we left, I had prescriptions for pain, anti-bacterial infections, anti-nausea, anti-parasites and I am not sure what else. Oh, if you have never had to take meds for parasites, well, that certainly has some interesting side effects.

I am better today, but a long way from 100%. Marc is taking great care of me. Today, he is trying to make me drink gatorade and eat toast. Gatorade was successful. Not so much on the toast.

I have dozens of emails to answers. Yes, some are urgent regarding your trips. I will be working through those.

Please pray that I continue to recover and am better every day.

Terri

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your quick and full recovery. Nothing is quite so scary as being that sick and not sure what is wrong. I'm also glad you chose carefully which ER to go to. Take care of yourself, and we will pray no one else joins you in misery.
Love in Him,
Suzan

Anonymous said...

We love you and are praying for you. Hoping you'll feel better REALLY soon! love you, Janet

TREY MORGAN said...

Praying you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been so sick...Hope you feel better soon. You all remain in my prayers! Sharon Mc

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been so sick, but glad to hear that you are better. Glad you have a good husband to take care of you too. jl

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better! You're in our thoughts and prayers. We had our group meeting tonight---getting ready to head out!

take care of yourself!

Love ya'll
Linda W

Jeanne said...

Bless your heart! ...and all your other parts, too!!! Strangly, after 5 years living in Honduras, I was never sick like that while I was there. I had other illnesses that had me down but not that kind. I feel for you because it's the worse sick in the world, in my opinion.

No offense, but I'm kinda glad we didn't get together last week now! haha...I would have really loved to get to spend time with you, but boy, I sure would have hated to get sick right before or during our trip home!

I'll be praying for your complete recovery. I know you have a lot to do.

Love,

Jeanne

Anita said...

Terri,
So sorry that you have been ill. You are in my prayers. Take care my friend

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you, Terri! You are an amazing woman of God-- essential to the Kingdom, to TORCH, and to your husband! Blessings!

Sherry Hubright
Atlanta, GA