Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Retroactive Pay

On April 1, the minimum salary rose significantly. And it was retroactive to January 1.  With 13 employees, we felt that in a huge way.  I have stressed over this since April 1. Calculating it was time-consuming and a bit complicated.  And then seeing how much it was, would stress anyone.

I had to find out what the minimum salary was for my employees and gave everyone their raise beginning April 15.  I explained there would be retroactive pay and I had to find out more about it and I would pay them everything that was owed to them.  Everyone was ok with that.

I paid the first half of the retroactive pay on May 15.  Dilcia was so happy.  She wept. Kathy had had to buy new glasses and she said that the extra money came at a good time for her. Everyone was grateful.  I paid the second half today.  Dennis has missed some work because of a hurt knee.  He said, "gracias a dios." 
Tonight, Dilma laughed and said she was happy.  Later, I went back up there for something else, and Dilma said she was so happy to get the money that she forgot to say thank you.  So she said thank you.

The retroactive pay has been stressful, but its done.  And seeing how happy the employees were with their extra pay made my stress worthwhile.  Sort of.

Terri

No comments: