Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Wonderfully Relaxing Day

Many people say that Sunday is a day of rest.  In many places that is just not so.  Sometimes it is here and sometimes it is not.  But, for me, Tuesday is my day of rest.  I love Tuesdays.  Last week, with Karen being home less than a week, I sat in the house with the doors closed and did nothing.  It felt so good.  Sometimes that is what I do on Tuesdays.

Today, I knew if I stayed here, I would probably work on paper work or airline tickets or something.  I just knew I would.  I began to talk to Marc about his agenda and he suggested I go with him.  It sounded great to me.

We left for Tegucigalpa around 9:30.  First stop: Dunkin Donuts.  My kind of stop.  Then we went to the t-shirt shop to see about some shirts.  The t-shirt shop is always an adventure in itself.  Then to the bank.  I had to cash a check so Karen and I can pay the bills and the employees.  Marc had to get a cashier's check.  A simple thing like a cashier's check took over an hour.  I didn't complain.  I was enjoying my time with Marc.

We then went to Ferreteria Henry, which is a hardware store.  Marc buys a lot of stuff there and they know him well.  You think me speaking spanish with my Mississippi accent is funny, you haven't heard anything until you hear the owners of Ferreteria Henry speak spanish with their Chinese accent.  

As the morning wore on, we began to talk about getting pizza when we got to PriceSmart.  When we finally got there, we both got a chicken bake, which is very much like a calzone, but with chicken.  They are so good. 

We finished our errands and came home.  I was much too tired to spend the day in Tegucigalpa if I had had to drive.  I would not have been able to think and be alert.  But with Marc doing all the driving, it was very relaxing.  Even waiting all the places we had to wait was more fun when I wasn't doing it by myself. 

The times Marc and I spend together are few and far between, thus making the times we do very enjoyable.  I am very thankful for this day and the time we spent together.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Terri. It is so refreshing to have a nice day with your husband and being on the go is not so bad when that happens. So happy you had a nice day off, it sounds like you are so very busy all the time. linda