Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Other Things Happening With Honduras

As I spend more and more of my time at Casa de Esperanza, I spend less time with groups and other projects in which we are involved.  I love what I do, but I do miss being with the groups.  Some days there is not enough of me to do what I need to do, so I sure can't spend all day with the groups.  And as I spend more time at Casa, I tend to write more about what is happening at Casa.  I love sharing what the kids are doing and saying, but I thought I would take a few minutes and tell you about what else is happening in Honduras.

The weekly feeding at the dump continues and thanks to a very successful dump day, that will continue.  Those feedings will increase during the summer with groups here. 

The first group arrived May 14, a group of college kids from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Middle Tennessee, Murray, McNeese, University of Tennessee. Small in number, but mighty in strength.  Yesterday they built one of the hardest houses Marc has worked on.  Marc has built a lot of houses, so that is saying something.  The lumber was unloaded at the end of the road and had to be hauled about a kilometer up the mountain.  The post holes had to be dug through solid rock.  But the people hauling the lumber said digging the post holes was much easier than hauling the lumber.  The house took seven hours and everyone was exhausted.  But praise God a family had a house and a warm place to sleep last night.

Except for a few days here and there, groups will be here until August 7.  People will be fed.  Houses will be built.  The hospital, the blind school, Casa de Esperanza will all be visited.  The good news of Jesus will be shared.  Summer is a busy, exciting time.  And I am so thankful for all the people that come to Honduras and share in the work.

The work on the farm continues.  A house is being built for Nate and Andy.  It is a long commute from here to Zambrano.  In addition to the house, Nate is growing worms for good dirt.  Some garden rows have been built and a drip irrigation system is being built. There is much work to be done on the farm.  One day it will be producing a lot of food and will be able to feed a lot of hungry people.

A couple of food containers are on the way.  Containers from Overland Park and Baton Rouge are or soon will be on the way also.  In addition to food, many other things will be arriving to help people in Honduras.

Dorian has decided to no longer preach at the church in Santa Ana so the church is looking for a preacher.  Dorian has done a wonderful job as preacher.  He and Karen plan to stay here and continue working at Casa. 

Thank you for prayers as all this work continues.

Terri

No comments: