Monday, May 2, 2011

Dump Day Is This Week

Wednesday is the third anual dump day.  We claim to believe that our God can and will do mighty things, but the first two years my faith has been put to shame.  My God did more amazing things than I thought he would do.  He is so good, all the time.

Tomorrow after lunch, Marc and I, and several other people in several places are starting a thirty hour fast that will last through dump day.  I plan to spend extra time in prayer as I fast.  On Wednesday, we will be hungry while the people in the dump are being fed.  These people are often hungry as we eat our supper every night.  One thing that I will be praying for is that my faith not be put to shame this year.  I do not want to have to make a post Wednesday night that says oh, me of little faith.  My fast will be water only.  For you, it might include coffee or juice.  I don't think there is a right or wrong, but what works for you.  The important thing is we deny ourselves of the pleasure of eating and spend that time in prayer.  Also, it won't hurt us to feel a little bit of the hunger that truly hungry people know.

I hope hundreds will join us as we fast and pray on Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday. 

Donations to sustain the dump ministry can be made to:
Honduras Hope
P.O. Box 9222
Columbus, MS 39705

and remember the first 200 people that make a donation of $150.00 or more receive a signed and numbered print by Chastity Giles ( see my blog post on April 27).

Our God is going to do something amazing on Wednesday.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chastity Henry ;)