Thursday, May 26, 2011

To The Group Desks

I am losing my mind and the group desks of the four airlines that fly to Honduras are hastening the demise of my mind.  Maybe there is a method to your madness, but no sane person could figure it out.  That means soon I will be one of you and be able to figure it out.

At spring break all airlines said there was no space available, yet I bought 45 individual tickets on the same plane.  One airline gives me deadlines to do things and then never check their email.  On the day everything is due, I receive an email saying because I have not sent my stuff, everything will be canceled.  I have to call and say I sent an email four days ago.  And I thought, when I reserved a group and paid a deposit, my fare was locked in.  Oh yes, the base fare is.  There are taxes and fuel surcharges added.  I was beyond shocked to find, after the names had been added to the tickets and it was time to pay, one group had gone $385.00.  Per person.  No group can plan on those increases.  One airline charges the deposit and does not allow it to go to the price of the ticket.  It is credited back to the credit card after travel is complete.  That is always convenient.

Group desks, I am going to keep trying to work with you because sometimes I do get a really good fare.  And sometimes it really is easier than buying 45 individual tickets.  And I may never understand your systems.  But I have a tool greater than the group desks.  I prayed 25 people onto flights last night and this morning.  I will pray a few more people and a few more groups onto flights.  And it will be another awesome summer in Honduras.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is lanetta and I need to get you information and cannot log onto my mail or get a new mail to come up on my phone. If you could call my cell phone I can give you the information. I am still at the hospital with my mom.