Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine

On February 4th and 5th, I went to a ladies retreat.  It was a wonderful of time of renewal.  A time of sharing our victories and frustrations and discouragements with other women who truly understand.

 What I discovered is there is a lot of women serving as missionaries that feel dry spiritually all the time and feel so alone in this country. Yes, I admit it is hard to live and work in a foreign country, to learn a new language and a new culture.  To not have the comforts of the USA and to be far from family and friends.  But it is not always easy to stay full of the spirit in the USA either.  The distractions and busyness and jobs and family and ... and... keep us from having the joy God intends us to have.

I will be the first to admit I am dry sometimes.  I am weary.  I have trouble finding that joy.  But not all the time.  And I have you to thank that I am not that way all the time.

I am so blessed to have much encouragement from you.  I get emails and facebook messages and cards in my mailbox that let me know your pray for us and think of us and talk about us.  That encourages and keeps me going and makes it easier for me to not be so dry and empty.  And I want you to know that is not one-sided.  I pray for you and care about what is happening in your life.  I hope my prayers for you help you not be dry and empty.  I love it when you share with me your needs and concerns.  That in itself is an encouragement to me.  Then when we pray for each other, we are connected and none of us has to be so alone.

My valentine to you today is more of a thank you than anything else.  Thank you for encouraging us and praying for us.  Thank you for helping us stay spiritually connected.  Thank you for loving us and allowing us to love you and encourage you and pray for you.

I do hope everyone has a love-filled, spirit-filled valentine's day.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want you to know I love you
Jana