Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Glasses

A couple of weeks ago, there was an eye clinic held in our church building.  All of the children except Doris had their eyes checked.  Doris would have none of that.  She shut her eyes so tight there was no way any kind of exam could be done.

Most of the kids had good vision and some needed drops for various things.  After I bought the drops, I looked like a pharmacy.

Rosy and Nohemy's vision was such we need to watch and monitor it.  They may need glasses in the future.  Miss Maryuri needed them right now.  Her eyesight is pretty bad.

Karen took Maryuri to town and picked out glasses.  Barbie glasses.

The very first morning Maryuri came out of the bedroom carrying her little pink glasses case. Karen helped her put on her glasses. She looked around and smiled.  Remembering when I first got my glasses and could see leaves on trees, I have an idea Maryuri was seeing some things for the first time and smiling when she saw them.

I know she in enjoying seeing the world in her new Barbie glasses.  I think she is as cute as can be.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did a great job picking them out! I've been wearing them since I was 7--and that's a lot of years!

Anonymous said...

oops! I forgot to sign my name!

Love you guys!
Linda Willis

Sherry said...

And they only make her cuter too!