Monday, February 7, 2011

Tis The Season For Many Trips To Town

There is always errands that need to be done in town.  Always.  With the price of gasoline at $3.91 a gallon, we try to save as many of those to do in one day as we can.  Each year in February, the need for trips to town and errands rises to a level not felt at other times of the year.

February means it is almost time for school to start.  Karen pulled out the trunks with the uniforms and tried them on everyone.   She made a list of who needed what.  School supply lists aren't out yet, but there are certain things everyone needs. 

Today, I was armed with the uniform list and the first round of school supplies.  I had other errands to do as well.  It was definitely a welcome to Honduras day.  The stores were already quite crowded with back-to-school shoppers.  The pharmacy only had part of the medicines the kids need now and said the rest would be in tomorrow and I could get them then.  I did pretty well on round one of school supplies, but we have thought of some more things already.  I went three places to get only four school shirts.  And shoes.  Forget it.  I lost count how many places I went. 

After a long, hot, several hours in Tegucigalpa, at 2:45 I said enough.  There is always one more trip to town for school supplies and school shoes. 

Terri

No comments: