Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday School Material

I taught Sunday school for twenty years or more.  Every church we were in had a nice education budget and plenty of Sunday school material was ordered.  I could add to it, or not.  There was always handouts and color sheets for all the children.  That is not the case in Honduras.

The churches in Honduras do not even know what an education budget is.  And the people that teach the children don't have preprinted material with handouts and color sheets.  Of course, the Bible makes a great curriculum, but it must be hard to create everything. 

We have been offered some material from the States that was excess or old, but that is always in english and no one has time to translate it all.  We usually decline.

While I was in a bookstore in the States, I found some Sunday school material in spanish.  It was one large book.  I purchased it.  When I gave it to Kelin, she hugged it.  She and her sister, Karol, looked at it and looked at it and looked at it.  They were so happy to have something like that.  I showed them there were color sheets that could be copied and I would make copies for her anytime she wanted me to.

Yesterday she needed copies made so the children would have them this morning.

Oh, the things we take for granted in the United States.

Terri

No comments: