Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Birthday Campfire

We like birthdays and we like campfires.  This weekend little Josue turned three and two of the employees had birthdays, also.  It has been a long time since we had a campfire and Marc decided to combine the birthdays and a campfire. 

The excitement level was off the chart.

Marc was untwisting hangers and he kept saying anyone that picks up a stick before I say will not get to roast marshmallows.  Finally all the hangers were undone.  Let the roasting begin.

Josue got to roast his first.  It was so funny watching him.  He did not want to put that thing in his mouth.  But when he finally did, he says "Oh, Marco."  He liked it.

Next, Nadia and Kathy, the birthday honorees, roasted theirs.  I kept telling Kathy the blacker the better.  I don't think she believed me.  But it's true.

We had flaming marshmallows,
 some great big messes

and making sure every bite of marshmallow was eaten.

Even Juan, the guard joined the fun.  He never joins us for anything.
I could have made myself sick on those marshmallows.  But I didn't.

After we finished the marshmallows, we went in the house for birthday cake.  The kids went crazy.  You would think we had never celebrated a birthday before.  They were yelling and screaming and cheering.  I had to laugh.

Kathy, Nadia and Josue blew out the candles.  As always, the birthday honorees received hugs from everyone else.


Josue really likes chocolate cake.

I think we just served our kids nothing but marshmallows and cake for supper.  Those kids may not ever settle down.  I feel sorry for the night person tonight.  Groan!  That's me tonight.

Terri

No comments: