Saturday, February 5, 2011

Revive

A couple of weeks ago Karen told me about a ladies' retreat for American missionary women.  She was hoping that she, Stacey, and I could all go.  We all need to be encouraged and uplifted, but I was a little hesitant.  I had just returned from the States and had been encouraged and uplifted by family and friends.  But after, I thought about it a short while, I decided I would go. 

With each passing day, I was more glad I had made that decision.  The days and the weeks here sometimes are long and it was exciting to think about all of us leaving for a retreat.  Along with Jen Arnold, we left here at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.  Just the ride to town was fun.

The theme for this retreat was Revive.  Revive - bring back to life.

I fellowshipped with other ladies that are living on foreign soil, often struggle with the language, and know the challenges of being here.  The fellowship alone would have been worth it, but there were many other benefits and blessings to be received.  The lessons were good, the praise and worship was awesome.  My prayer gorup went deep and the times of reflection and soul-searching were much needed.  I got to spend some special time of prayer and sharing with a dear friend.

This time of retreat and fellowship was much more needed than I realized.  And a great big thank-you to Marc who worked kid shifts today.

Terri

No comments: