Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tears To Houston

The last couple of days have been stressful, to say the least.  But, I am so glad I could go to Amarillo and be with my mom. 

Everything about the service yesterday was beautiful.  The pastor, who just happened to be my cousin, that did the funeral admitted to us, the family, it was his first funeral and he was nervous.  No one would have ever known it was his first funeral or that he was nervous. He did a marvelous job and said words to comfort all of us, especially my mother. 

I bought my ticket to return today.  I could not get all the way home today and am overnighting in Houston.  Tuesday, when I bought the ticket, I thought I would be ready to leave today.  I wasn't.  I hated to leave my mom this soon.   I cried and I cried and haven't stopped yet.

As I started through security in Amarillo, there was a crowd of people waiting there.  I reached down to pull off my shoes and a soldier exited through the other side.  The crowd began to cheer and clap.  A wife,ran into his arms.  The other passengers going through security stopped and clapped as well.  I was already crying.  That was reason enough to cry some more.

I am a mess.  I feel so alone.  I cannot even imagine how alone my mom feels.    I will be home tomorrow and soon be back in my routine.  My mom has a lot of lonely days and nights ahead.  Please keep her in your prayers.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. Have a safe trip. My baby is 27 and sometimes I look at my daughters and wonder how they can be that old, when I'm not much older! However, as soon as I try to keep up with those 3 little grandbabies, I KNOW I'm much older.

I"m coming in December this year for the banquet. I can't wait! Jennie said she's going to try too.

Praying for your new school year and hopefully, with help for Rosie, it won't be as diffcult. Hope homework is easier!

love you all! Linda W

Anonymous said...

I pray for your safe return. Mom did sleep some last night. I know you talked with her this morning. She misses you also, as do I. much love
Jana