Friday, June 28, 2013

Shattered Lives

I was not, or am not, a perfect parent.   I am not meaning to judge because I have not walked in everyone's shoes.  With all my imperfections, I cannot understand a mom who would abandon two daughters and show up nine years later, only to say ,"I'll not be back.  I have other children to take care of."  I cannot understand a grandmother who allows her boyfriend to rape a 12 year old granddaughter.  I cannot understand a mom who abandons a 4 year old daughter and 2 slightly older sons and leaves them living by themselves for 6 months.  I cannot understand a dad, after his wife dies, selling his three daughters.  These children are shattered and broken. 

God, please pick up the broken pieces and put them together again.  Fill these lives with your cleansing and presence and power.  And, help me to love these children with patience and kindness.  Help to never become hardened to these stories.  There are so many.


No comments: