Sunday, December 23, 2012

Helpful Sisi

Tonight, I am having dinner and Christmas for some of the girls that work for Honduras Hope. Reina normally cleans my house on Friday.  Almost every employee has asked for extra time off.  Reina included. 
It dawned on me on Thursday evening that Reina was not going to be here on Friday.  I was thinking I could clean my own house.  Karen told me one of the girls could help me clean.  She also said that Sisi was quite diligent.  I asked Sisi if she would help me.  She was beaming when she said yes.  I told her to come at 2:00.

Karen was right.  Sisi is diligent.  And thorough.  She cleaned and cleaned and worked so hard.  She cleaned under things and pulled some of my clutter out onto the table, forcing me to deal with it.  I found a proper place for everything and threw some of it away.  She helped me for two hours.

It was a great help to me.  Some things were much cleaner than they have been in months.   Sisi struggles with a low self-esteem.  She thrived on that one on one attention she got for two hours.  It was a win-win situation for both of us. 

Terri


No comments: