Monday, December 17, 2012

April Melissa

I got a frantic call this afternoon around 4:00 that Melissa's water had broken.  I went flying out of here without changing clothes, without brushing my teeth, or going to the bathroom.  I got Melissa and drove as fast as I dared, which was much faster than I have ever driven in Honduras.  Nicole was at Casa when I left.  I shouted that I was leaving.  After I was well on my way, I called and asked her to take care of things I usually take care of.  Then, I prayed.  And prayed some more.  We were pretty sure the baby was breech.  From Santa Ana to the hospital, is an hour on a good day.  A week before Christmas in afternoon traffic is not what I consider a good day.

When I got to the city, if a light was green, I prayed for it to stay green.  I prayed for the traffic to go.  I prayed for everything.  I was praying out loud.  And I was thanking God for those things out loud.  Melissa may have thought I  had gone crazy.  One thing I forgot to pray for was a parking place, but my God is so awesome, he provided one any way. 

I helped Melissa into the emergency room and she went into hard, fast labor.  I was so thankful we were in the hospital.  I don't know how to deliver a baby, much less one that is breech.  Her doctor was upstairs still seeing patients.  The er people sent us up there.  He quickly examined her.  The baby was still breech.  He told all the waiting patients he would see them tomorrow at 2:00 and we went down to the second floor to prepare for a c-section. 

I was allowed to stay with Melissa until they wheeled her into surgery.  I held her hand.  I rubbed her legs and feet.  She was scared.  And contractions just kept coming.  I really thought the baby would come into this world, feet first, before the section was started.  Heidy arrived and came in with us.

After prep was complete and they had come to take her into surgery, Melissa, Heidy and I held hands and I prayed.

Miss April Melissa made her appearance shortly before 7:00 p.m.  She is beautiful.  I waited until I could see Melissa.  Melissa looked great for someone who had just had a baby.

I am so thankful Melissa and April are ok.   Please pray for them.

Terri

No comments: