Friday, November 9, 2012

Bus Strike

Yesterday, Matt, Nicole, Haley and Emma Kate arrived back in Honduras.  I was really happy and really thankful.  I went to the airport to meet them.  After loading the mountain of luggage in my car and eating at Popeye's, we went to Wal-Mart.   Matt and Nicole needed to buy groceries.  When the car was packed as full as it could be, we started to Baxter because that is where Matt and Nicole's car was. 

I was busy talking and missed my turn when we left Wal-Mart and I had to double around to get back to the road on which I needed to be.  That was the first of many missteps, but that is another story.  As we get closer to Baxter, the traffic begins to slow and finally came to a complete halt.   Of course, my first thought was an accident.  We inched along and we began to see buses everywhere.

 Yay me!  I had found myself right in the middle of a bus strike.  All other vehicles were being forced to make a u-turn.  I could see the gates of Baxter, but we were not allowed to go any further.  It was 3:00 in the afternoon.  I guess the buses were really going to mess up the afternoon commute. 
I made a u-turn and we came home.  We will get the car another day.

No comments: