Friday, March 20, 2009

Mornings With Rosy

I had the privilege of taking Rosy to the bus this morning. Mornings are my favorite time of the day. I think Rosy likes mornings as well.

As we left Santa Ana, I tried to get her to look at the beauty of day breaking in the mountains. I am not sure she understood what I was trying to show her. But she looked and smiled. We got behind a big cattle truck. She pointed and I let her know I saw them, too. I looked at her, where she could see my face, and mooed. She tried hard to moo and at least made the mmm sound. She then held her nose with her fingers and I did the same. We agreed that cows don't smell good.

She does well while the car is moving. It is when we stop to wait on the bus, that things begin to change. She was trying, and almost succeeded, to get the car in four wheel drive. She unlocked and locked the doors several times. Finally, I found a wadded up piece of paper and she began to write her name and my name and copy the other words on the paper.

When the bus came, I kissed her and hugged her and sent her off to school.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems you are doing a really good job communicating with Rosy. I so love to hear about her. She must be intelligent if she is already writing her name, or did she have some eduction before she begun the new school. When she and you caretakers are able to get the communication down better she may really do well. No wonder the deaf children are a challange with behaviour. How frusturated do you think they must be having such trouble understanding and getting others to understand. I love to hear of your interaction with her. What a day brightner to hear that story first thing this morning. linda