Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ice Cold Watermelon

If you like watermelon and cantaloupe, and are just waiting for summer's harvest to enjoy, then now is the time you should be in Honduras. The watermelon and cantaloupe season is now. I love both watermelon and cantaloupe. I am buying one or the other every time I go to the market. Last week I bought a great big watermelon for one dollar.

I came home and put my watermelon in the refrigerator and chilled it to perfection. When I cut it open it was red, really red, juicy and sweet. I savored it and enjoyed every bite. The week before I had cantaloupe that were middle-of-the-summer delicious.

If you decide you can't wait til summer to enjoy these wonderful foods, come on down. I will share mine. Or maybe, I will even buy you your own.

Terri

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Sounds very good!! I haven't had any watermellon or cantelope
yet but you will have to sweeten the pot more than that for me to leave Columbus. I am a homebody. I don't even go to my children's and stay long. I normally come back the same day.

I am glad you enjoy the fruits! Just eat my juicy piece for me.

Love, Ginger

Anita said...

Ok, Terri, you real close to being mean here. I could almost taste the watermelon..........Enjoy some for me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!!!!

JLEE