Saturday, March 28, 2009

An Afternoon With My Daughter

Thursday afternoon I spent baby shopping with my daughter. She did not fly to Tegucigalpa and I did not fly to Baton Rouge. We set a time, that had to be changed a couple of times, and met on the internet.

I was so excited. I rushed in after I got Rosy home and got on my internet waiting for our shopping date to begin.

We first went to BabiesRUs. We checked out the bedding. Of course, the set we liked the best was the most expensive. We rapidly crossed that one off of the like list. We discussed the other possibilites. We then looked at strollers and bouncers. Maybe I have live in a third world country too long, but I was beyond shocked, when I saw bouncers priced so high that the same money would feed a family of four in Honduras for months. Those weren't the ones which interested us.

We then went to Target and looked at some more bedding. We both agreed if we had really been in Target, it would have been time for a coke and popcorn. (I love the popcorn in Target).
We narrowed the bedding choices down to two. We then looked at lamps and picture frames. Or some of the picture frames. There were 3,466 from which to choose. Consumer overload.

We had a delightful time. We would have had more fun if we had done this in person. But, I was more than pleased that she was thoughtful enough to set up this internet shopping date.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very creative!!!! So glad y'all got to share in doing that! love you both! Janet :)

Anonymous said...

How neat is that!!!!

So glad you had that experience. Aren't you glad we live in the era of technology.

Have a great weekend, jl