Sunday, March 8, 2009

Church

Sometimes, when my kids were little, church was anything but worshipful. And I only had three. Imagine having 15 kids in church. Marc and I don't do that by ourselves, of course. Karen is there. And Ashley. Sometimes other folks as well.

This morning they all walked in and they just scatter for an adult. Sweet, sweet Doris headed my way and sat in my lap. My leg was numb after just a few minutes, but I let her continue to sit there. At least she was sitting still. Fernando was in Marc's lap and he was anything but still. Every muscle in his body was moving. He really wanted my bracelet. Fernando and Rosita were both trying to reach up one row and touch Brayan's head and Brayan did not want them touching his head. Marc and I both were trying to keep Fernando and Rosita from touching Brayan's head.

After a few minutes, Rosita decides she wants to sit with a different adult and gets up and moves. Several of the children do that. And one or two or more always have to go to the bathroom.

After about 30 minutes of singing, the children are dismissed to go to their class. I felt like I needed a nap. Not only do most of our kids leave, many, many others do also. The church building is so quiet after they leave. I am really able to focus on communion and the sermon after the children leave. I am so thankful for the children being in church. I wish you could hear them as they raise their little voices in song.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know if we didn't have children in church it would be so sad wouldn't it, but I know the feeling. We have been blessed to enjoy our children and many of our grand children and now our great grandchildren sitting in church with us. What a blessing. Maby that is why most adults want their Sunday afternoon nap. linda

Ginger said...

Enjoyed the blog. You have blessed so many but mainly these little children.