Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wal-Mart

As I was packing to move to Honduras, I kept thinking and saying I have got to pack everything I might possibly need as there will be no Wal-Mart to run to daily. After getting here and trying find something we needed, I have often commented, "all we need is a Wal-Mart. I am missing Wal-Mart more than I thought possible.

Yesterday we had to go to the mall and I found a Wal-Mart. Sort of. It was not called Wal-Mart and it definitely was not a supercenter. But it did have a grocery side and a health and beauty aid/ cosmetics side with some American brands, including Equate, which is a Wal-Mart brand. The selection wasn't anywhere near as large as Wal-Mart, but I did see Suave brands, Secret deodorant and some other key items. I forgot to check to see if my jergen's lotion could be bought there. I saw M&Ms and Milky Ways. You want to know what I got so excited about that I could not leaving without buying some. Canned whole green beans. Not Del Monte, which is the best, but the next best, Libby's. Bacon is expensive here, so I guess I will add a lot of Tony's and make it work. I can't wait to eat my green beans.

I was so excited when I found this Wal-Mart-like store. I was like a kid in a toy store. I guess you can tell, it does not take much to excite me.

Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Dear Shopaholic,
Terri leave it to you to get out and go deep into the heart of Honduaras to find those m and m's and goodies that you would not find anywhere else in Honduras.

How much does a can of green beans go far in Honduras these days?

What a true blessing to find an almost wal mart!
Love,
Ginger

mandnfitz said...

you always need that "one more trip to walmart" huh? well, right now they have all the singing christmas toys. (hmm hmm hmmmm hmm hmm hmmmm hm hm hm hm hmmmm). now imagine me with my hand up in the air and moving around in a circle-ish manner. i hope this makes you laugh and for anyone else that reads it, know that i am not stupid, but this is an inside joke between me and my mom and only she will get this.