Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Time Off

My good friend, Janet Hines, has been in Honduras since Saturday. She was staying in town at the Marriott. Last night was her last night and she asked me to stay at the Marriott with her. We ordered room service. We talked and laughed and ate chocolate. I took a long hot bath and watched Law and Order until 11:00. I slept until 7:00 this morning, way past my normal getting up time. The time I spent was relaxing. And time spent with a friend is always well spent. As I was dining over a luxurious breakfast of fried platanos and crema, Marc was loading some of the food. Yesterday 40 people were displaced by a fire. Food and clothing were taken to help these folks.

Marc was getting Karen's dad who was flying in from Ohio today. Since Janet was leaving today, I just met Marc at the airport. After the flight arrived, we brought Neil to Santa Ana and then we went back to town. This afternoon we helped load trucks with food headed to Santa Lucia, Valley of Angels, Los Pinos and Baxter. Over the next few days, we will be able to deliver some of the food. It doesn't really matter who delivers food as long as hungry people receive it, but it is fun and satisfying to deliver it and see and hear how grateful people are to receive it.

It was great to take a bit of time off, but it is back to work as the food needs to be delivered.

Terri

No comments: