Wednesday, November 6, 2013

La Finca California

La Finca California is the name of the farm.  Yesterday, for the first time, I got to see the farm.  Oh my!  It is beautiful.  The farm is 70 acres and I think 30 acres of it is coffee.  There are plantains, oranges, lemons, grapefruit, avocados, and so much more.

The property line

A young coffee plant


More mature coffee



Coffee beans are red when they are ripe and ready for the harvest.  The first beans are turning red.  Soon there will be bright red covering these plants.  Some of the Casa kids will go to the farm and learn to harvest coffee, a skill that will serve them well in this country.

This is a mahogany tree.  There are other mahogany trees growing on the farm.  One day, this will be worth a lot of money.



And the fruit, the beautiful succulent fruit

Someone left a ladder out for me to harvest the fruit.  Just kidding.  Not me on that ladder.

And squash.  I was thinking fried squash and squash casserole


 The farm house, Don and Cheryl

A few other shots.






 There were all sorts of medicinal herbs growing.  I know nothing about medicinal herbs, but I might want to learn.

All of the fruits and vegetables for Casa de Esperanza will be grown here.  The kids will be taught to farm and harvest.  We hope some day to use this farm to rescue more boys and teach to love the land and love the Lord.

When I was standing on this farm, surrounded by its beauty, it was quite easy to get lost in dreams.  Won't it be fun to see what God has in mind for His farm.




No comments: