Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

After Nicole and Katy got home Saturday evening, and everyone loved on Katy for a while, we got down to the business of a party.  We burned our old man and shot off our fireworks around 8:00, not midnight.  We have some little ones that needed to go to bed. 

Happy kids around a campfire
The burning of the old man

The kids were whooping and hollering and having a grand old time.  Some of the employees were just as excited as the kids.  After the old man burned, the little ones were off to bed and the rest of us were off to watch movies until midnight.  We watched movies, drank coke, had popcorn and marshmallows.  There was a massive amount of popcorn consumed and only one coke was spilled.
Around 11:00, Nohemy, Katy, Reina and Josue could wait no longer.  They went to bed and went to sleep.  Some of the other kids were really tired, but would not give it up.  At midnight, when the rest of the town began to shoot fireworks, some of the kids ran outside to watch.  I allowed that for a few minutes.  There was no problem getting kids to sleep that night.  Just a problem yesterday morning getting them up.  And Kathy did not have a problem at nap time yesterday.  There were still some sleepheads this morning.

After church, lunch and nap, I finished working at 4:00.  I came down here to my house.  Matt, Nicole and Haley were still here.  They were staying to eat black-eyed peas with us.  Haley and I made the cornbread.  I said I have to get the cornmeal.  Haley said, "go get Camille, go get Camille" and clapped.  She was just as happy when she found out she was helping me make something. 

We enjoyed a quiet evening feasting on black-eyed peas and Aunt Jemimah cornbread.  I was exhausted.  I went to bed at 8:00.

Here's wishing everyone a happy 2012.

Terri



No comments: