Monday, January 9, 2012

Spring Cleaning

We have had a long streak of cold, windy weather.  Today, we awoke to the sun brightly shining.  The hot, dry weather is on its way.  But, today was just about perfect.  Not too cold, not too hot.  And no wind. 

I have had a task in mind for this afternoon for several days.  That container from Fairview Heights came and Marc brought a lot of stuff for Casa out here.  It had been piled in the dorm.  We opened some of it.  But today was the day to clean that dorm.  I finished my shift with the kids at 1:00 and headed to the dorm.  I hardly knew where to start.  I opened the door and the windows, enjoyed the sunshine and got busy. 

At some point in time, I walked back to Casa to get a broom.  The kids that are 10 and over do not take a nap and they have chores after lunch.  Today, Dilcia had them moving furniture and sweeping.  Some were washing windows and some were washing walls.  It was just that kind of day. 

More than once, as I hauled stuff to the garbage bin, Denis was up there dumping things, as he was busy cleaning the outside of the property. 

Inside of Casa looks great.  Dilcia and the kids did a good job.  Denis made good progress.  I got further in the dorm than I thought I would.  Another two or three days like today, this place will be perfectly clean. 

I am so thankful for the sunshine and the perfect weather.

Terri

No comments: