Friday, January 6, 2012

Rosy, The Kind-heart

Rosy is one of the obstinate ones.  And she can throw fits like no one would believe.  But, when it comes to babies and animals, she has a very kind and generous heart.  She always wants to love and carry a baby.  If we see a small animal, she always wants to pick it up.

This morning behind the dorm, an animal had fallen in the stream.  Most of the kids thought it was a dog.  I wasn't sure.  It might have been a little goat.  The little thing was covered in the muck from the stream and was shivering.  Everyone stood and watched and then began to walk away to start playing again.  I knew what Rosy was thinking and began to tell her no.  She was not going in that mucky stream and she was not going to touch that animal that was obviously sick with who knows what.  She made one of her famous faces at me.  I told Mirian I did not trust her and we had to watch her closely.  She wanted to save that animal so badly. 

Eventually, the animal got out of the stream.  I still could not be for sure what it was.  Once it was out of the water, Rosy did not really want to get near it.  She could tell it was sick.  She just wanted to save it.

Sometimes, she frustrates me to no end, but I love that kind little heart.

Terri

No comments: