Monday, November 1, 2010

Pan American Lectureship

The PanAmerican lectureship is a seminar basically for Church of Christ missionaries that rotates among the Latin American countries. This year it is in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Marc went yesterday. Tonight we both drove into town to sing and hear the speaker.

We left early and went to dinner first. That alone made a wonderful evening. It has been a long time, too long, since we did that. I had fresh asparagus. My whole year was made with that treat.

I love worshiping in spanish. And as I learn more and more spanish, I sometimes discover the words in spanish are even more meaningful than in english. But as we began to sing, I soon realized I did not know how much this heart needed some english singing and some english lessons from God's word and some english fellowship. It was just lovely.

The speaker, Doug Peters, gave an absolutely beautiful lesson. I then learned he knows some of my friends in Arlington, Texas and in Topeka, Kansas. It is such a small world.

This evening, full of old and new friends and wonderful fellowship, was worth not seeing game 5 of the world series. When we left the Marriott, Marc wanted some ice cream and we stopped at McDonald's. We got to see the last three pitches of the game. So we saw the Giants win the world series after all.

I probably will go to the lectureship tomorrow night and then we will see what the rest of the week holds for me.

Terri

No comments: