Monday, November 8, 2010

Dinner With Friends

Last night I was chatting with Nicole and Kim, when Timoteo popped up as well. I have never chatted with three different people at once, much less having to do one in spanish. Timoteo was asking if we could come to their house tonight for supper in honor of Milton's birthday.

Timoteo and his family have been our friends since 2001 when Marc and Nicole made that very first trip to Honduras. I quickly checked with Marc and responded yes we would come.

I have been with Marc when he has taken the boys home, but I had never been inside Timoteo's home. It is a very nice home. We were welcomed warmly. As we entered, wonderful smells filled the house and the tortillas were being prepared.

It was soon time to eat. It was insisted that I take this huge amount of chicken. There was enough chicken for me to have two or three meals. But I took it and I ate it. Every single bite. In addition to chicken and tortillas, we had vegetables and rice. And fellowship with good friends.

Sometimes, I am too tired at night to do anything, much less go to town, but I am really glad we did this tonight. It is always a good thing to spend an evening with friends.

Terri

2 comments:

Donna said...

In God's family, there's nothing better than to come around a table to enjoy good food and good fellowship!

Terri L Tindall said...

I am looking forward to doing some of that with you and Jim in December.