Thursday, August 19, 2010

Leaving For Costa Rica




Today was a big day for Matt and Nicole. They left for Costa Rica to begin language school next week. This is one step closer to them being in Honduras with us. Matt and Nicole were excited and Baby Haley was just her normal, sweet, happy self.


I drove them to Amarillo in my sister-in-law's van. Them, their six pieces of luggage, 5 carry-ons, car seat and stroller. The van was completely full. At first thought, that seems like a lot of luggage. But they are moving to Costa Rica for a year and that is all they are taking with them. The lady at the Continental counter kind of stared at them as they walked toward the counter. Nicole said we are moving and you will just have to charge us whatever it costs. Amazingly, all six pieces weighed under fifty pounds. We were not too sure about two of them. It only cost $90.00 for the extra luggage. I promise I never moved for $90.00


I am excited about this new stage in their lives. As a mom, I am a bit apprehensive as well. Right this minute, I am not sure when I will see them again. I don't know how expensive it will be to call Costa Rica from Honduras. I know I may not get to talk to them as often as I have become accustomed. I know they will have dial-up internet. Thank goodness for yahoo chat and email.


As I write this, they are in Houston, ready to board their flight to San Jose, Costa Rica.


Don't forget Matt, Nicole and Haley in your prayers as they begin this new adventure.
Terri


Terri

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Remembering the two of you as you are on this merry-go-round of emotions with many of your family members. So proud you have your faith to get you thru it all, and I have no doubt you will come thru with flying colors. linda

Sherry said...

You KNOW how thrilled I am to see this new chapter unfold in the lives of Matt, Nicole, & Haley. God has clearly gone before the three of them & we are looking forward to watching all HE will do with their ministry in the days ahead!

Please know I will be praying for them in every mile & every step, AND praying for you & Marc as well!

Love you!

Sherry

Kim said...

I am praying. I know God has amazing plans for Matt, Nicole and Haley. I will be lifting all of you up in prayer over the next few months.