Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rosy And The Dentist

This past week Rosy pulled a couple of her braces off. I was pretty frustrated with her and so was Karen. I took her to the dentist this morning, thinking the dentist would repair everything and send us on our way. The dentist was so angry and frustrated with her she refused to fix them and told me to bring her back next week. Perhaps she thought she might accidentally poke a dental tool in Rosy's gum. We decided if Rosy could see some before and after pictures of people who had had braces that maybe she would take better care of them.

The internet was really slow this morningas we waited for the pictures Rixa wanted Rosy to see. Not so unusual.

The dentist makes beautiful jewelry and has given me a couple of pieces. I am guessing she makes jewelry to relieve stress. While we waited for the internet, the dentist began to make jewelry. She made me a new bracelet, but let Rosy know in no uncertain terms she was not getting any thing today since she pulled some of her braces off. We then spent a fairly long time talking about my niece's wedding, what I was going to wear, and maybe her making me a new necklace. I want to pay her and she wants to give it to me. She makes me speak in spanish. She is helping me a lot with my spanish. While the dentist worked on jewelry, and her whole staff looked for certain colors of beads, the waiting room is getting more full. I can imagine the reaction in the United States if the dentist was making jewelry and discussing a wedding while we waited. I would not be happy.

Today, I was kind of chuckling under my breath because Rixa is not the least bit concerned of a waiting room full of patients. Rosy and I are usually in and out of her office in ten or fifteen minutes, never more than 30. Today we were almost two hours. And she did nothing to Rosy's teeth or braces. But I left with a new bracelet and the plans for a new necklace for the wedding. Don't tell those people in the waiting room, though.

Terri

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your dentist knows how very valuable a lesson she was teaching. I am happy she was so generous with her time and talents.

Ginger said...

hey terri,
first thing i thought when i read this was the phrase that you always repeat, "It is what it is"
love ya and hope that you have less stress and less allergies and less fatigue this week. Praying good things only for you.