Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cindy



Last night, Cindy started saying she felt bad. My first thought was she did not want to help with the dishes. But I reached up and felt her forehead and she did have fever. She put a cool rag on her head and played it up pretty good.




This morning in church she had her head in Karen's lap and Karen said she still had fever. Karen asked her if she wanted to go back to the house and she said no. I told Karen to ask her if she wanted to go back to the house if I went with her. I saw Karen talking to Cindy and she reached over and took my hand and we walked down here together.




We walked in the house and sat on one of the sofas and Cindy put her head in my lap and went to sleep. I rubbed her back. She slept restlessly, but slept. And then began to drink glass after glass of water. She looked at some books and played with small things on the sofa, all nice quiet activites.




I know she didn't feel well, I could feel how hot she was. But with 17 children, sometimes none of them get the individual attention they want and need. Cindy does. She acts out doing and saying things that demand our attention. But to have that undivided attention when she was not getting in trouble. Priceless. I think we both enjoyed that special time this morning.






Terri


2 comments:

Tasha said...

I hope Cindy's feeling better!

Praying for her,
Tasha

Rosemary said...

What a Beautiful smile!! Hope she is feeling better.