Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm In

Last year on May 5th, our good friend, Trey Morgan, decided to raise money for the dump on his blog. He was hoping to raise $2500.00. Had he raised that amount, it would have been wonderful. I prayed and prayed that that much would come. Now, we all admit that none of us had much faith. On May 5th, 2009 over $12,500.00 was raised to buy food for the people that live at the Tegucigalpa city dump. I, and others, were amazed.

We began to serve hot meals to those folks. We continue to serve food at the dump every single Wednesday. Even when we are not in Honduras, we have someone serve the food. The people know us and trust us.

On May 5th again this year, Trey will raise money to buy food for those living in the dump. He will do this through his blog again. See http://www.treymorgan.net

This year Trey has challenged us to fast for 30 hours beginning Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday evening. Count me in on this fast. I live in a country were thousands are starving every day. And I have never been truly hungry. Yes, I will fast for 30 hours as money is raised so that hungry people, made in the same image of God as you and I can be fed for another year.

Will you join me in that fast?

Terri

No comments: