Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Work, Work and More Work

The last two weeks have been incredibly busy. Last week a group of people from Kingsport, Tennessee and Lexington, South Carolina were here. They came with excitement and energy. They had raised money to build a high school in Nueva Oriental. They worked hard everyday last week on that school. They also built houses, distributed food, visited the hospital and blind school. Not to mention playing with kids everywhere they went and playing kickball with a bowling ball.

Eight people from that group stayed this week and continue to work on the school. I was there when the roof beams arrived today. I think they will get it finished before returning to the states on Saturday.

Saturday and Sunday most of the Mississippi group arrived. They are not all from Mississippi but the name has been around for several years. They have also worked on the school building.

Today I had to buy nails for the houses and deliver to the sites. Later in the day, I had to go to Nueva Oriental to do something else. This gave me the opportunity to see the work. Everywhere I went people were working hard and happy they were doing it. There was a slight delay on one of the house sites when I got my car somewhere it should not have been and it refused to come back out. Everyone had to leave the house site to help get my car up an almost vertical hill. Once that task was accomplished, work resumed.

When the buses rolled in this evening, two houses had been built, one had been finished from yesterday, 230 kids had been fed, several people had been visited in the hospital, the school was nearer finished and there were two baptisms, and Casa de Esperanza became the home for two more little girls.

We have been working on getting these little girls for some time. Today it happened. Marc and Miss LaVerne were the lucky people that got to go get them and take them to Casa. I can't wait to get out there and see them and hug them.

As I sit here with my computer, I hear others laughing and talking, filled with joy about what was done in the name of Jesus today. We will all rest well tonight and get up in the morning ready to get on the mountain again. And tomorrow will be another great day in Honduras.

Terri

3 comments:

Carla and Daryl said...

i am always surprised that after a busy busy day you still feel like putting your little fingers to work on the keybaord to blog for us. a lot was accomplished today and i hope tomorrow goes just as well. glad everyone helped get your car up that hill.

steve oliver saw me at church sunday and gave me a note that he said nicole had written for him to give to me. it was sweet and a nice little hello from her. she and steve were working together at some camp in la. i think he said. i didn't know that she knows the olivers too. small world.
love ya,
carla

Anonymous said...

Terri, dear, please tell Miss LaVerne that she has been in our hearts and prayers this week. I know that she has been beaming with joy about the work of the Lord that's happening there. I can just see her hugging up those two little girls! God bless her hands and her heart!
We thank God for all the workers there. God's hand is on all of you. Love, Dona

Ginger said...

TERRI,
YOU DO NOT LET ANY GRASS GROW UNDER YOUR FEET !! DO YOU? YOU SURE HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH MUCH THIS SUMMER. YOU AND YOUR TEAMS ARE AWESOME.
(this is not my original post that i wrote two days back. i guess it is still in cyberspace??)
WE LOVE YOU. GINGER