Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Blind School

Today my first stop was the customs office. The customs agent said the paperwork for the boxes was going to take all day. He told me he would do it and call when it was ready. Just for the record, we have not heard from him yet. I did a few errands and then was able to meet the group for lunch. I ran a few more errands and was through except for what I needed to do to get the boxes out of customs. I called Marc to see where the group was and he told me the blind school. I told him I was on my way.

Obviously, the blind school is a school for blind children and I haven't been there in years. The children are so adorable and so well-behaved. They sang for us and their voices are angelic. A few played instruments; piano, keyboard and a couple of others as well. It is a fun to place to visit. The children talk to you and feel you. If they come back by and feel you again, they might say I already know you. Someone gave one of the kids one of those great big stuffed caterpillars. It was so amusing to watch them feel each section and try to figure out what they were feeling.

Another little girl played frisbee with some of the boys from the group. She had a deadly spin on that frisbee. She would throw it and then hear it hit the ground and know the boys had not caught it. She would clap her hands. She caught the frisbee a lot more times than they did. I had a good visit at the blind school and was glad the customs agent was doing so much of the work for me.

After we ate (again), we all went to the Jesus statue for devotional. That is one of my favorite devotionals and I haven't been since April. Tonight was no exception. Devo was awesome.

Terri

1 comment:

Carla and Daryl said...

those sweet children seem like they are a very nice break from all the craziness of all the running and errands(and waiting) you do all the time. bet you came away from there with a feeling of rejuvenation and lifted spirits. :)