Saturday, July 19, 2008

Indians

Yesterday I began my day at full speed. My mind, and my body, was racing with all the things that had to be done. Those boxes in customs needed to be dealt with. It was fruit market day. Had to be at the airport to exchange money at 1:00. The list was long.

At 8:30, Karen called and needed a key that I had in my pocket. I went racing back home. The kindergarteners had to dress as Indians for school. As usual when there is a big event at school, Casa de Esperanza was buzzing with activity. The ladies had worked all week on making these costumes and there was a last minute franticness that only a mother can understand. Dilcia was still sewing, Dilma was gluing. Everyone was busy.

Monica´s costume was made of leaves. She was so cute. She couldn´t walk in the costume, but she was so cute. Fernando had on a headdress which he had been wanting to put on since before he went to bed on Thursday night. Daniela had on a little fringed outfit. I did not have the camera with me. Karen said she had to march with them.

About an hour later, I was driving toward home again. They were marching right up the main street of Santa Ana. The whole class dressed as Indians, and of course several moms. Some had drums, not Indian drums, but drums. I stopped and watched the Indians march down the street. After they finished marching, school was dismissed and I went to claim the boxes from customs, which is another long story.

Terri

2 comments:

Carla and Daryl said...

aww i bet that was a fun little parade to watch marching down the street!! wish i could have seen little monica in her costume of leaves :) even though your day is so full you never let it stop you from making time for the important things like the children. enjoyed hearing about the little indians!

Ginger said...

Hi Terri,
So I haven't exactly taken the time to sit down and write since I've been watching kids. I've had plenty of things to keep me occupied and have missed the connection we have always had through email.
I have a thankful heart for the time I have enjoyed with the three grandchildren. Precious all and different in their own ways.

Hey, loved hearing about the costumes and parade.

I was very happy to hear you survived your busy busy day.

Love,
Ginger