Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sleepy Heads

Within any family or group, there are going to be some that get up easily and some that don't.  Some that think they can get a few minutes more of sleep.  At Casa, I would say, Katy, Nohemy, Ana, Maryuri, and Josue don't get up easily.  They like to pull the covers over their heads and pretend I am not in the room.  Most of the others get up pretty good.  Cindy jumps up and is changing her clothes as soon as she hears the door open.

On school mornings, we start getting kids up at 5:40.  Now that Saturday is a school day, that means they have to get up at 5:40 on Saturday, too.  This morning the first, second, third, and fourth graders had school.  Saturdays used to mean an extra hour of sleep.  This morning when I went in, everyone had a bit of trouble.  Even Cindy.  No one had much perk.  I didn't either. I don't think I jumped right out of bed either when that alarm went off.   I, too, would have liked that extra hour of sleep.  This morning there were a lot of groans and eye-rubbing and pulling the covers higher. 

For those that did not have school, I was a little more gracious than normal when they strolled into devo late. 

By the time breakfast over, everyone had come to life.  The ones that had school and the ones that didn't. 

I plan to make up my lost extra hour of sleep.  Soon.  Very soon.

Terri


No comments: