Friday, October 2, 2009

We Will Be Home Tomorrow

We are spending our last night in the States in a hotel near the Atlanta airport. We walked to Piccadilly to eat. I had cod and fried okra. I sure won't be having any okra anytime soon in Honduras.

I am ready to be home. Ready to be in my bed. Ready to not live out of a suitcase. Ready to not unload and load those suitcases in the car everyday. I was not ready to say bye to my kids and my babies. I cried Monday when we took Camille to school and told her bye. I cried this afternoon when Nicole and Haley drove off in New Orleans. I am already missing the kids, but I am ready to be home.

I am ready to see what God has planned for us. I am ready to resume my spanish lessons and my work.

I cannot believe we have been in Honduras for two years. How time flies. As I reflect on the past two years, I have seen God at work in incredible ways. I have learned to step out of my comfort zone. I have been stretched and have grown in my walk with God. I have seen many prayers answered. My love for the Honduran people continues to grow.

We have had an awesome time the last five weeks. We have traveled and shared our work. We have been invited into homes and churches. We have spent precious time with family. And with friends. We have laughed. We have cried. We have worked. We have played. We have been tired and we have been refreshed. Refreshed with new energy and enthusiasm as we return to Honduras tomorrow.

A great big thank you to everyone that had us in your homes, fed us, loved us, provided a place to sleep. And thank you to everyone that loves us, prays for us, encourages us and supports us. We are a team and we could not do what we do without every single one of you folks and your prayers.

As we begin our third year, please pray that this will be another great year in Honduras.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you all need the time to refresh and renew and am so happy you have had a good trip but I am ready to hear more about the work there. About the children and the feedings at the dump and just your every day life that gives me such joy. Anxious to hear about the things to come. The sit down meal at the dump and how the children are progressing and praying the situation there with the government will get better. linda