Monday, October 5, 2009

Changes

Marc and I were in the States for five weeks. Since returning on Saturday, I have noticed many changes. Sadly, I noticed a lot more signs and such have grafiti on them. I suppose that was done by Mel supporters.

In Santa Ana there are now seven speed bumps. Seven in tiny Santa Ana. They are not like the ones in La Bodega on the highway. The ones where if you speed up and go 50 mph, you don't even feel them. No, these are real speed bumps. If you don't come to a complete stop and ease over them, you could damage your car. Or even wreck it, as a couple of poor souls found it when they did not slow down. I do not know these people, meaning it was not me and it was not Marc.

One of the best changes is the road to our back gate, the one that was among the worse roads in all of Honduras has been graded and is now a nice road on which to drive. The horrible little slope before we get to the gate, the one I always needed to drive real slow in order to avoid the craters, but had to have enough speed to get up it, is now smooth and not quite so steep. A wonerful thing to which we came home.

And speaking of changes, some of the girls and Siomara have their ears pierced. Courtesy of mentholatum and Pamela. Never, ever a dull moment.

As we get back to work today, I am sure I will encounter more changes that have happened in the short time in which we were gone.

Terri

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

no no no no!!! Santa Ana now has the Ojojona speed bump disease!!

TREY MORGAN said...

I'm going to miss the fun ride up to your gate ... it reminded me of a Six Flags ride :)