Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Five Minutes

Sometimes one never knows how much difference five minutes can make.

I usually leave here at 6:20 every morning with Rosy. We get to the bus stop at 7:00, which is when the bus is suppose to be there. He usually gets there between 7:10 and 7:20.

This morning I strolled up to Casa and Rosy hid under the table for a few seconds and we got in the car and left. It was 6:25. I have become so complacent with the bus driver being late that I did not even worry about this five little minutes. There is construction near the bottom of the mountain and traffic backs up. But I allow for this. As I was driving, I realized the traffic was backing up sooner than it usually does. I still was ok. There wasn't anything I could do about it anyway. We creep along down the mountain and I get to the bus stop at 7:10.

I was quite pleased, thinking I would not have to entertain Rosy for quite so long. Reina walked to the car and said the bus has already passed. I asked her when. Five minutes ago. That five minutes was making a big difference. I told Reina to get in and off we went toward Manos Felices.

I still had 50 minutes to get Rosy to school. I knew traffic on the airport road would be bad at that time of day, but probably not once I got past that. At times it wasn't even moving. I am surrounded by nonmoving traffic on all four sides and Rosy is signing for me to go. I don't know what she expected me to do. Jump the traffic. A nievever would have been nice.

I finally got off the airport road and traffic was bad every where. Every road I was on this morning had slow moving traffic. I finally got Rosy to school at 8:05. She did not know she was late, but she was upset with me. She gave me her best pouty face and would not let me kiss her.

Getting back in the car, I am thinking to myself at least I will be going against the traffic going home. That wasn't exactly the case. At least for part of the way. I finally made it through the traffic near the stadium and a short bit after that Reina and I were getting some where.

I got home at 9:15. That little five minutes cost me an hour and a half this morning. I probably won't be so complacent in the morning and will be out of here at 6:20. Maybe 6:15. Just to be sure.

Terri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be a good story to sell my reasoning on punctuality. I am a stickler for being on time and now I know someone who also knows for sure a good reason a gpod reason for being on time. Very good blog, Terri. I enjoyed that.

Anonymous said...

that comment was from me. I was not punctual enough to get my name on it. I hit the publish just at the same time I noticed I had not signed it linda

Terri L Tindall said...

Linda,

I am a stickler for being prompt as well. At least most of the time.
Terri

mandnfitz said...

bienvenidos