Monday, September 3, 2012

Reunion Weekend

We nearly always are in the States in September.  We nearly always are in different churches every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night.  This year we decided to take Labor Day Weekend off so we could reunion.  I am so glad we did.

Marc's family has had a reunion every year for 80 years or so.  That reunion is always held Labor Day Weekend.  The church in which I grew up was also having a reunion at the same time.  Marc and his parents left Friday afternoon for the family reunion.  I refused to choose.  I did both.  Saturday, I did the church reunion.  Sunday, I did the family reunion.

The church reunion started at 10:00 a.m.  My cousin and I arrived about 10:05.  Quite a few people were already there.  I visited and visited and saw so many people I had not seen in years.  People came and went all day.  We left around 1:00 so my cousin could get her hair done.  We returned about 3:30 and I left with the lock-up crew.  I walked down the history hall.  I visited every Sunday school room in which I was first taught about Jesus' love.  I sat in the sanctuary.  I went to the approximate pew in which I was sitting the night I decide to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and be baptized.  I sat in the pew where Laura and I sat almost every Sunday.  I remembered my wedding.  In that building, many of my first friendships were formed and have lasted a lifetime.  I remembered the people that have had a huge influence in my life and helped to make me who I am today.  In many the ways, the little church in which I was raised is the same. And in many ways, it is very different.  But it will always hold precious memories for me. 

I had so much fun and was so excited at the end of the day.  I had trouble settling down and going to sleep.  And that 4:00 a.m. alarm seemed to go off before I was ready.  But I jumped up, showered and got myself ready to leave for Lake Murray, Oklahoma.  I am a morning person and I am use to daylight breaking around 6:00 or earlier.  I left at 5:30 and had driven many miles before I saw light.  I was so ready.  I had to keep stopping for coffee and coke.  And the bathroom.  I arrived at the lake at 11:00 yesterday morning.  Again, I was seeing people I had not seen in years.  And, again, I had so much fun.  Marc and Don and I left the lake at 11:00 last night to head back to Ardmore.  After breakfast, we drove back to the lake to say our "see-ya-laters."  I don't like good-byes. 

We were blessed yesterday in many ways. 

It has been a long, busy week-end.  I don't regret one thing I did or the way I chose to do it.  I can always rest later.


1 comment:

Marti said... was fabulous seeing you and Marc. We always love visiting with you, especially since we don't see you as often and we would like. Love, love, love you and that we are lucky to have you as a member of our family!