Friday, May 18, 2012

Date Night

Marc and I have been so busy.  Going in different directions.  Working on different things.  Sometimes, at night I tell him about some things going on at Casa and he tells me about what he has been doing.  Next Tuesday the summer interns arrive and then groups begin.  It is going to get busier.

Earlier in the week, I said, "Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night or Monday night.  Pick one of them."   Of course, he wanted to know why.  Nicole chimed in, "You are taking Mom on a date."  Marc chose Friday night.  But then, Baby Arturo died and Marc has been with that family for two whole days.  Matt and I went to get new product for the store today.  I thought I could see my date evaporating.  Marc got home and I know he was exhausted.  He said he needed 15 minutes of rest and he would be good to go. 

Marc's phone rang three times before we got out of Santa Ana.  He then  turned  it off.  Yay!  We went to Applebee's.  We ordered spinach and artichoke dip for our appetizer.  We don't often order appetizers.    I ate about half of my meal and then ordered a box.  I really was looking forward to finishing that meal for lunch tomorrow.  I left the box on the table. 

Tomorrow, we start all over.  Going in different directions.  Working on different things.  But for over 3 hours tonight, it was just the two of us.  I am so thankful for that precious time.

Terri

No comments: