Monday, September 13, 2010

You Learn Something Every Day

I have heard that little saying most of my life. Today, I learned something I never knew before.

I had a request for 25 bracelets from the store. We normally send our product with someone going to the US and have them mail it when they arrive. The main reason we do that, or so we thought, was to only have to pay US postage.

But, I do mail letters once in a while when it is going to be a while before anyone is leaving for the states and I thought I would mail the bracelets.

My friend needed these bracelets before the next person is going to the State. I packaged the bracelets in a brown envelope and put postage on it. I was fully prepared to pay a little extra than the postage that was on it in order to mail it.

What I learned today is that it is not possible to mail anything to the United Stated from Honduras unless it is documents (i.e letters, cards, bills, etc.). But I could FedEx it and he told me that was very expensive. I politely declined.

I was shocked, to say the least. It wasn't a big envelope. I felt sure I could have made it a little flatter, if that would have helped.

I am now looking for another way to get my bracelets to the States. And know that I need to be prepared to learn something every day.

Terri

No comments: